What: A comprehensive boating and safety course
When: Saturday, May 10, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. (enrollment closes May 5). Course also offered July 5 and Sept. 13.
Where: Pier 121 Marina, 1481 East Hill Park Road, Lewisville, TX.
Course covers the following:
1. Know Your Boat – Power boats and their parts
2. Before You Get Underway – what to do before you leave the dock
3. Navigating Waterways – navigation rules and lights, night navigation, U.S. navigation aids
4. Operating Your Vessel Safely –from casting off to anchoring, docking and everything in between
5. Legal Requirements of Operating a Boat – make sure your boat is in compliance with the law
6. Boating Emergencies – What Do I Do Now? – accidents, injuries, calling for help and helping others
7. Enjoying Water Sports with Your Boat – Boat ownerresponsibilities and water sports safety
Cost: $25.00. Take the State of Texas test at the same time for an additional $10.00.
For more information, exact location and to register, contact Fred Beecher, email@example.com, 214-4556269, National Branch Chief, N-CRS, Coast Guard TCT Facilitator, Div. 5 QE, SO-COM and FSO-PE.