DYC 2016 Chili Cook Off Rules
Competitors should come at 6:30pm to set up. Tasting will start at 7:00pm
Each Competitor should bring:
• Chili in a crock pot or other suitable container to keep it warm
• Extension cord (power strip if you have one)
• Any garnishes that DYC isn’t providing (will supply onions, cheese, sour cream, crackers, bowls, napkins, and plastic-ware)
• Decorations if competing for “Best Dressed”
• Prizes will be awarded based on the chili judge’s votes.
• Each Chili will be given a number.
• Contestants should not stand with their Chili or actively solicit votes. Bragging will be severely punished by having to eat all chili remaining at the end of the judging.
We have purchased a DYC Chili Cook Off trophy which has spaces to engrave the name of this year’s winner in the Best Tasting Chili category and winners in future Cook Offs. The trophy belongs to DYC, displayed at DYC events and kept in the care of DYC officers.
1st Place: Large trophy + winner’s name on the DYC trophy
2nd Place: Trophy
3rd Place: Trophy
Special Presentation Award: Trophy